Tuesday 1 September 2015

REFLECTION ACTIVITY OBSERVATION

REFLECTION ACTIVITY OBSERVATION

After making observations with colleagues who allowed me into their classrooms and what I saw in other class sessions it left me a dual feeling because on one hand I am very concerned about the lack of use of social constructivism in schooling and that even the leading role they have are not the students, also excites me to know that there is work to be done with a view to strengthening the training process in my company.

I must say that this situation does not surprise me because this is the result of current policies for recruitment and training of totally different teacher what time backwards in some cases I felt as a University and not in an entity that is for work and work life .


The challenge is great and personally I can do from the educational committee is a support and retraining all teachers SENA pedagogy and new teaching methods where emphasis is made on our social constructivist approach

1 comment:

  1. I'll next write a short comprehensive comment on all your observations and the reflection you have written on the observations.

    You have created a template for the observations, which you always fill in for each observation. After this summary you give a short reflection. This is a good approach, however, I would have appreciated a little bit deeper reflection, and discussion on what your personal takeaways were. E.g. were there any methods you saw, which you think you could use yourself (in comparison: on your videos I could clearly detect that you had adopted some of the methods we have used during our contact days, and also some takeaways from the collaborative workshops were visible. Were there anything you picked from your colleagues?)

    I think your entries very well show that
    a) the teachers are "the stars", that is, there is very little activity for the students (= need for parallel planing, now the only student activity seems to be listening and taking notes)
    b) there does not seem to be much dialogue between the school and the world of work. What are the key competencies the working life expects, and how are they enhanced through the "lecture-based" approach.
    c) student collaboration is not supported. Just as you mention, there is little room for social constructivism.
    d) the importance of beginnings and endings

    ReplyDelete